Canadian Pre-Approval Document Checklist
To complete the pre-qualification process, please review each line item below and submit the applicable documents to your Mortgage Loan Originator.
To complete a loan application online, click get pre-qualified.
If you decide to complete the application online, you should enter any 6 digits into the zip code field. The zip code field will not recognize a Canadian zip code. Please type your zip code at the end of your address.
Standard Loan Application Documentation (as applicable)
• 2 forms of government-issued id (driver’s license, passport, social security card,
• 2 years most recently-filed T-4s
• 2 years most recently-filed tax returns (federal)
• Current paystubs to cover most recent 30-day period
• Additional income source documentation: social security, pension, interest/dividend, child support, alimony, etc.
• If divorced, please provide all pages of the recorded divorce decree
• Current/Previous landlord contact information
• Mortgage statements for all financed properties owned
• If taxes and insurance for properties owned are not impounded, please provide copy of tax and insurance bill(s)
• Rental agreements for investment properties not listed on tax return
• 2 months most recent and consecutive bank statements (all pages)
• 2 months most recent and consecutive statements for all other asset accounts, i.e. brokerage, stocks, bonds, 401K, IRA, miscellaneous retirement accounts,
etc. (all pages)
**Please identify from which account(s) your down payment will be drawn.
If you are self-employed: (as applicable)
• 2 years most recently-filed corporate, partnership or business tax returns for all businesses in which you hold more than 25% ownership interest
• Year-to-date profit and loss statement and balance sheet for all businesses owned
• Current business license or letter from accountant to validate minimum 2 years self-employment